Primary Hub – Learn • Play • Grow
Academic Resource Portal for Primary Classes

Marksheet happy and healthy living

🌱

CLASS 4 – THE WORLD AROUND US

Chapter 6: HAPPY AND HEALTHY LIVING

Active & Creative Learning Worksheet

✨ Learn • Think • Do • Reflect
👤 Name:   🏫 Class: IV 🔤 Section:   🔢 Roll No.:   📅 Date:  

🟢 PART A – WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY?

1. My Happiness Bubbles 😊

Write four things/situations that make you happy.

💭 When I play:
💭 When I eat:
💭 When I spend time with:
💭 I also feel happy when:
Sample answers:
  • When I play with my friends in the playground.
  • When I eat my favourite food with my family.
  • When I spend time with my parents, grandparents or friends.
  • I also feel happy when I help someone, when I get a hug, or when I listen to a story.
Any honest personal answer is correct — happiness is different for everyone! 😊

2. Think & Connect

Draw a line to connect each food with a suitable ingredient.

FoodIngredient
🍚 Rice dishWheat
🫓 RotiRice
🥣 DalPulses
🥗 Vegetable dishVegetables
Now add one food of your own →
Food: Ingredient:
Correct matching:
  • 🍚 Rice dish → Rice
  • 🫓 Roti → Wheat
  • 🥣 Dal → Pulses
  • 🥗 Vegetable dish → Vegetables
Your own example (any one): Idli → Rice & urad dal • Poha → Rice • Halwa → Wheat/Atta • Khichdi → Rice + dal • Chapati roll → Wheat + vegetables.

🟡 PART B – THE AMAZING JOURNEY OF A GRAIN 🌾

The textbook shows that a grain travels through many stages before reaching our plate. It involves farmers, sellers, animals, soil, water and sunlight.

3. Put the Journey in Order

Write numbers 1–6 in the boxes.

Grain reaches the shop
Seed is sown
Crop grows
Grain is harvested
Grain is processed/stored
Food reaches our home and plate
Correct order:
  • 1 – Seed is sown
  • 2 – Crop grows
  • 3 – Grain is harvested
  • 4 – Grain is processed/stored
  • 5 – Grain reaches the shop
  • 6 – Food reaches our home and plate

4. Complete the Food Journey

Seed → → → → Shop → → Plate
Seed → Plant grows (sowing & sprouting) → Crop grows → Grain is harvested & processed/stored → Shop → Our home → Plate
(You may also write: Seed → Farmer sows → Crop grows → Harvesting → Shop → Kitchen → Plate)

5. Who Am I? 🕵️

Read the clues and identify the contributor.

A. I grow crops and work hard in the fields. I am a
B. I help food reach the people who buy it. I am a
C. I prepare food for us to eat. I am a
D. I can help farmers in their work and provide useful things in farming. I am a
  • A. Farmer (kisan) 🌾
  • B. Shopkeeper / Seller / Vendor 🏪
  • C. Cook (mother, father, grandmother or a chef) 👩‍🍳
  • D. Animals like bullocks and cows 🐄 (they help plough the fields and give manure). Earthworms and insects also help farming.

6. Nature's Team 🌍

Tick (✓) the things that help in the journey of a grain.

Tick these ✔ — Soil, Air, Water, Farmer, Earthworm, Insect
Do NOT tick ✘ — Stone, Wood, Tiger, Hills, Fire, Bat
Reason: Soil, air, water and sunlight help crops grow; the farmer sows and cares for them; earthworms make the soil loose and fertile; insects help pollinate plants.

7. Think Deeply 💡

What might happen if there is:

No soil:
No water:
No sunlight:
No farmers:
No shopkeeper:
  • No soil: Plants cannot grow, so we will not get grains, fruits or vegetables.
  • No water: Crops will dry up and die; there will be no food and no drinking water.
  • No sunlight: Plants cannot make their food, so they will not grow and we will not get food.
  • No farmers: Nobody will sow and care for the crops; fields will stay empty and we will have no food.
  • No shopkeeper: Food will not reach our homes easily; we may have to go far to buy or grow everything ourselves.

🟠 PART C – THANK YOU, EVERYONE! ❤️

Every grain reaches our plate because many people, animals and natural elements contribute to the process. The chapter encourages us to remember these contributors with love and gratitude.

8. My Food Gratitude Tree 🌳

Write one thank-you message for each.

🌾 Farmer: “Thank you because .”
🐄 Cattle/Animals: “Thank you because .”
🏪 Shopkeeper: “Thank you because .”
👩‍🍳 Cook/Family: “Thank you because .”
🌞 Nature: “Thank you because .”
Sample answers:
  • 🌾 Farmer: “Thank you because you work hard in the fields in the sun and rain to grow our food.”
  • 🐄 Cattle/Animals: “Thank you because you help plough the fields and give us manure that makes the soil rich.”
  • 🏪 Shopkeeper: “Thank you because you bring the grain to the market so that we can buy it easily.”
  • 👩‍🍳 Cook/Family: “Thank you because you cook tasty and healthy food for me every day.”
  • 🌞 Nature: “Thank you because you give us soil, water, air and sunlight that make plants grow.”

9. Festival Detective 🔍

The chapter mentions festivals in which gratitude to Mother Nature is expressed. Circle the festivals mentioned in the lesson.

Circle these: Onam, Lohri, Makar Sankranti, Raja Utsav, Akshay Tritiya.
These are harvest festivals — they thank Mother Nature and the farmers for a good crop. 🌾
Christmas and Diwali are festivals of joy and light, not harvest festivals.

🔵 PART D – MINDFUL EATING 👀👅👃

The lesson describes an activity in which children use their senses while eating and pay attention to the food.

10. Put the Steps in Correct Order

Number them 1–6.

Chew gently with your teeth.
Feel the texture before swallowing.
Put the food slowly in your mouth.
Remember the taste as you chew.
Use your tongue and mouth to feel the food.
Notice the flavour and taste using your senses.
Correct order:
  • 1 – Put the food slowly in your mouth.
  • 2 – Chew gently with your teeth.
  • 3 – Use your tongue and mouth to feel the food.
  • 4 – Notice the flavour and taste using your senses.
  • 5 – Feel the texture before swallowing.
  • 6 – Remember the taste as you chew.

11. My Five-Senses Food Detective 🕵️

Think of one food you enjoy.

Food:
👀 What does it look like?
👃 What does it smell like?
👅 What does it taste like?
✋ What does its texture feel like?
Sample (for a hot chapati / roti):
  • 👀 Looks like: a round, soft, light-brown flat bread with small brown spots.
  • 👃 Smells like: fresh warm wheat, a little like roasted flour.
  • 👅 Tastes like: mildly sweet and nutty; tasty with dal or vegetables.
  • ✋ Texture: soft, warm, slightly chewy and a little crispy at the edges.
Any food you choose is fine — just describe it honestly with your senses!

12. Think & Answer

What do our teeth do to food?
What role does our tongue play?
Why should we eat slowly?
  • Teeth: They bite and chew the food into small, soft pieces so that it is easy to swallow and digest.
  • Tongue: It mixes the food with saliva, moves it around in the mouth, helps us taste it and pushes it down for swallowing.
  • Eat slowly because: We can taste and enjoy the food, chew it properly, digest it well, and we can also feel when our stomach is full — so we do not overeat or waste food.

🟣 PART E – EVERY GRAIN COUNTS! 🍚

The chapter reminds us that wasting food means failing to respect the efforts of the many people and natural elements involved in bringing food to our plate.

13. My 7-Day Food-Waste Challenge

Day Did I eat everything? Did I waste food? How did I feel?
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
How to fill this table: Write Yes if you finished all the food on your plate, and No if some food was left. In the last column write how you felt — proud, happy, satisfied, or sorry that I wasted food.
Goal: By the end of 7 days, all three columns should read “Yes – No – Proud and Happy!” 😊

14. What Would You Do?

A. Someone offers you more food than you need. I would
B. I do not like a food item on my plate. I would
  • A. I would politely say, “Thank you, but I have taken enough. I will take more only if I am still hungry.” I would take only as much as I can eat.
  • B. I would not throw it away. I would take a very small taste first, and if I still do not like it, I would politely give it to someone who will eat it — or tell my family so that less of it is cooked next time.

15. Create a Food-Saving Slogan 🎨

✍️
✍️
Sample slogans:
  • “Waste not a grain, respect the farmer's pain!” 🌾
  • “Take a little, eat it all — let no food in the dustbin fall!” 🍚
  • “Every grain is a gift — don't let it drift!” ✨
  • “Eat what you take, take what you eat.” 🥗

🟢 PART F – MOVE, PLAY & STAY ACTIVE ⚽🏃

The lesson explains that regular physical activities such as running, jumping, cycling, skipping and playing outdoors help keep us strong and energetic; yoga can also improve posture and help us remain happy and active.

16. Activity Hunt 👀

Look around your school/playground and write five physical activities you see children doing.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Sample answers: Running, jumping, skipping with a rope, playing kabaddi, playing football, playing cricket, cycling, hopping, playing kho-kho, doing yoga, dancing, climbing the jungle gym.

17. My Active Day

I like to play:
I like to run/cycle/skip:
My favourite outdoor game:
One exercise I enjoy:
Sample answers:
  • I like to play: hide and seek / kho-kho / badminton
  • I like to run/cycle/skip: skipping with a rope in the evening
  • My favourite outdoor game: cricket / football / kabaddi
  • One exercise I enjoy: stretching, jumping jacks or surya namaskar

18. Yoga Challenge 🧘

With your teacher's guidance, practise the yoga poses shown in the textbook. After practising, complete:

Before yoga I felt:
After yoga I felt:
One change I noticed:
Sample answers:
  • Before yoga: sleepy, tired or stiff.
  • After yoga: fresh, light, calm and full of energy.
  • One change I noticed: My body felt more flexible, my back felt straighter, and I could breathe more deeply and sit more comfortably.

🟤 PART G – SLEEP WELL TOO! 😴

Good sleep gives our body rest. The lesson explains that insufficient sleep can make us tired, sleepy and irritable and can make it difficult to focus.

19. My Sleep Tracker

Day Sleep Time Wake-up Time Sleep Duration How I Felt
Yesterday
Day before
Prior day
Sample: Slept at 9:00 pm, woke up at 6:00 am → sleep duration = 9 hours → felt Fresh.
A child of Class 4 should sleep about 9–10 hours every night to feel fresh and active.

20. Think & Explain

Why does our body need rest?
Why is sleep important after a busy day?
What might happen if we regularly do not get enough sleep?
  • Body needs rest because our muscles, bones and mind work all day long. Rest helps them relax, get back their energy and grow well.
  • Sleep is important because while we sleep, our body repairs itself, our mind becomes calm, and our brain stores what we learnt during the day.
  • Without enough sleep we feel tired, sleepy and irritable, we cannot focus on studies, we may fall sick often, and our body does not grow properly.

🔴 PART H – I KNOW HOW TO KEEP MYSELF SAFE 🛡️

The lesson explains the difference between safe touch and unsafe touch. A safe touch makes us feel comfortable, while an unsafe touch may make us feel uneasy, scared, confused or uncomfortable. The child is encouraged to say “No” and tell a trusted adult such as a parent or teacher.

21. Safe or Unsafe?

Write S for a situation that feels safe and U for a situation that feels unsafe/uncomfortable.

A caring hug from a trusted family member.
Someone touches you in a way that makes you uncomfortable.
A doctor examines you with a trusted adult present.
Someone tells you to keep an uncomfortable touch a secret.
  • S – A caring hug from a trusted family member.
  • U – Someone touches you in a way that makes you uncomfortable.
  • S – A doctor examines you with a trusted adult present.
  • U – Someone tells you to keep an uncomfortable touch a secret.
Remember: A safe touch makes us feel happy, loved and comfortable. An unsafe touch makes us feel scared, uneasy or confused. Good secrets make us happy — bad secrets make us uncomfortable. Always tell a trusted adult.

22. My Safety Plan 🛡️

If someone's touch makes me uncomfortable, I will:

1.
2.
3.
My Safety Plan:
  • 1. I will move away from that person at once and firmly say “No!” or “Stop!”
  • 2. I will go to a safe place where there are other people around me.
  • 3. I will tell a trusted adult — my parents, teacher, grandparent or elder brother/sister — about it immediately, even if the person told me to keep it a secret.

23. Complete the Safety Rule

If I feel unsafe, I can firmly say: “!”
Then I should tell:
Remember: I should never feel guilty for telling a trusted adult when I feel unsafe. 💛
  • I can firmly say: “No!” or “Stop! I don't like this.”
  • Then I should tell: my parents, my teacher, or any trusted adult in my family.
  • And I will keep telling until someone listens and helps me.

🟩 PART I – BUILD A BALANCED PLATE 🍱

The final reflection asks children to design their own favourite balanced breakfast, lunch and dinner while remembering not to waste food.

24. Design Your Healthy Plate 🎨

Draw and label your own meals.

🌅 BREAKFAST

Draw your breakfast here 🍳🥛🍎
My food:

☀️ LUNCH

Draw your lunch here 🍚🥗
My food:

🌙 DINNER

Draw your dinner here 🫓🥣
My food:

My food-saving promise:

“I will take only as much food as .”
A balanced plate has food from all groups:
  • 🌅 Breakfast: e.g. 2 rotis + a bowl of vegetables + a glass of milk + one banana.
  • ☀️ Lunch: e.g. rice + dal + green vegetables + curd + salad.
  • 🌙 Dinner: e.g. 2 chapattis + paneer/egg/beans + cooked vegetables + a small bowl of fruit.
Food-saving promise: “I will take only as much food as I can eat.”

⭐ PART J – MY HAPPY & HEALTHY WEEK

Make your own 7-day healthy living plan. Put a ✓ when you complete each activity.

Healthy Habit MTWTFSS
🌅 Wake up early
🧘 Yoga/exercise
🍎 Eat balanced food on time
⚽ Play/exercise
📱 Reduce unnecessary screen time
📖 Read a book
😴 Sleep peacefully
These habits are based on the chapter's final reflection activity.
How to score yourself: Count the ✓ marks at the end of the week.
  • 40–49 ✓ → 🌟 Super Healthy Star!
  • 28–39 ✓ → 👍 Very Good, keep going!
  • Below 28 ✓ → 💪 Try again next week — small steps make big changes!

🧠 PART K – CHALLENGE YOUR BRAIN!

25. What Am I?

I am under your feet and help crops grow. I am .
I fall from the sky and help crops grow. I am .
I help plants make their food and give light. I am .
I help break down the soil and make it useful. I am .
  • I am under your feet and help crops grow → SOIL 🌱
  • I fall from the sky and help crops grow → RAIN / WATER 🌧️
  • I help plants make their food and give light → SUNLIGHT / THE SUN ☀️
  • I help break down the soil and make it useful → EARTHWORM 🪱

26. Food Journey Detective

Imagine that rice disappears from the world. Write three things that would change in our lives.

1.
2.
3.
Sample answers:
  • We could not eat rice, idli, dosa, poha, kheer, biryani or many of our favourite dishes.
  • Farmers who grow rice would lose their work and income.
  • Many people in the world would go hungry, and food would become very expensive.

27. Think – Pair – Share 👥

Discuss with your partner: “Is being healthy only about eating healthy food?”

My answer:
Because:
Answer: No, being healthy is not only about eating healthy food.
Because: We also need regular exercise and outdoor play, enough sleep, clean habits, a happy and peaceful mind, and we must feel safe and loved. Eating well, moving well, resting well and feeling safe — all together make us truly happy and healthy. 💚

🌟 PART L – MY HAPPY & HEALTHY PROMISE

Complete the promise.

I promise to take care of my and .
I will eat food and at the right .
I will not food.
I will play and regularly.
I will get enough .
I will speak up if I ever feel or unsafe.
I will say and tell a trusted .
Completed promise:
I promise to take care of my body and mind.
I will eat food slowly and at the right time.
I will not waste food.
I will play and exercise regularly.
I will get enough sleep.
I will speak up if I ever feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
I will say “No!” and tell a trusted adult.

🎨 CREATIVE TASK – “MY HAPPY & HEALTHY LIFE”

Draw yourself doing three things that help you live a happy and healthy life.

1. Eat well 🍎
2. Stay active 🏃
3. Rest & feel safe 😴🛡️

My drawing:

🖍️ Draw here 🎨
🌈 My one-line message:
“A happy and healthy life means .”
Sample messages:
  • “A happy and healthy life means eating well, playing daily, sleeping on time and feeling safe.”
  • “A happy and healthy life means a strong body, a calm mind and a thankful heart.”
  • “A happy and healthy life means taking care of myself, others and nature too.”
🌟 Great work! You have completed Chapter 6 – Happy and Healthy Living! 🌟

kvprimaryhub

Hello, and a heartfelt welcome to all! I’m [KAMAL MITROLIA], a proud educationist. This blog is a special corner of the internet where we can come together to celebrate the joys of learning, share valuable resources, and support each other in our educational journey. As a educationist, my greatest joy is seeing young minds light up with curiosity and understanding, and this blog is here to help spark that same excitement in every student and teacher at Vidyalaya. Whether you're here for fun activities, helpful tips, or just to stay connected with our wonderful school community, I hope you find something that inspires you. Let’s learn, grow, and create beautiful memories together!

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form